St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of June 19, 2020 at 9:00 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 60,618 confirmed cases; 5,818 deaths
- St. Clair County: 463 confirmed cases; 47 deaths
- Ontario: 32,917 confirmed cases; 2,553 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 281 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
The State of Michigan is reporting that between January 1st and June 17th, 151 of the COVID-19 cases in St. Clair County are attributed to long-term care facilities, with 122 residents and 29 staff testing positive. 28 of those cases were fatal.
There have been 7,111 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in residents of long-term care facilities in Michigan and 1976 deaths.
Lambton Health is reporting two current active outbreaks of COVID-19. One at Afton Park Place long-term care home, where one staff member is ill, and one at Bluewater Health, where three staff members tested positive. Seven other outbreaks at facilities have been declared over, with 16 deaths resulting.
Sarnia enters Stage 2 of the Framework for Reopening our Province today, which indicates positive trends in public health, lower transmission of COVID-19, sufficient hospital capacity, and an increase in testing and tracking capabilities.
*** It is important to note that WGRT is continuing to report confirmed cases from each area, not total cases which are a combination of confirmed and probable cases. We have chosen to approach the data this way to simplify our reports and to create uniformity in the numbers we are reporting for each region, St.Clair County, Lambton County, Michigan, and Ontario.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand