St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of May 29th at 9:45 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 56,014 confirmed cases; 5,372 deaths
- St. Clair County: 422 confirmed cases; 33 deaths
- Ontario: 26, 866 confirmed cases; 2,189 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 261 confirmed cases; 22 deaths
Confirmed Cases in St. Clair County rose by 16 last week, and the county suffered four additional deaths. There are currently 68 active cases of COVID-19 reported in St. Clair County, and 1% of all hospital beds are being used for COVID-19 patients.
As medical offices resume seeing patients for non-essential health care needs, Dr. Annette Mercatante, Medical Health Officer of the St. Clair County Health Department, said that it’s important for people with chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure to check in with their doctors. “Delayed healthcare typically means more complicated outcomes.”
She also recommends parents resume their child’s vaccine schedules as childhood vaccination rates for kids under 2 years old fell by 50%.
Cases in Sarnia rose by 18 since last week, and the county suffered 3 additional deaths. There are currently 2 outbreaks reported in long term care facilities in Lambton County, and 63% of the deaths reported in Ontario were of residents in long-term care facilities.
The City of Sarnia recognizes the mental and physical benefits of using local trails, parks, and beaches, and they have increased the By-Law Staff at those locations to educate the public on how to stay safe while enjoying those amenities.
*** It is important to note that WGRT is continuing to report confirmed cases from each area, not total cases which are a combination of confirmed and probable cases. We have chosen to approach the data this way to simplify our reports and to create uniformity in the numbers we are reporting for each region, St.Clair County, Lambton County, Michigan, and Ontario.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand