St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of September 4, 2020 at 9:00 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 104,395 confirmed cases; 6,519 deaths
- St. Clair County: 810 confirmed cases; 52 deaths
- Ontario: 42,686 confirmed cases; 2,812 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 340 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
St. Clair County currently has 57 active cases of the virus, and 2% of hospital beds in the county are being used for COVID-19 patients.
Governor Whitmer signed executive orders yesterday extending the State of Emergency until October 1st. She also named September 9th as the reopening date for gyms, pools, and sports practices and competitions. All re-openings are subject to strict precautionary measures to limit the spread of COVID-19.
Lambton County currently has 2 active cases, and the county hasn’t had a COVID-19 related hospital admissions since May.
The City of Sarnia asks for help from the community regarding disposing of personal protective equipment. Masks, gloves, paper towels, tissues, wipes, and plastic bags belong in the garbage, not in the blue box.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand