St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of November 10, 2020 at 9:00 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 216, 804 confirmed cases; 7,640 deaths
- St. Clair County: 1,664 confirmed cases; 66 deaths
- Ontario: 85,395 confirmed cases; 3,245 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 380 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
St. Clair County has 1,125 active cases of the virus, an increase of over 300 cases since last week, and 9% of hospital beds in the county are being used for COVID-19 patients.
According to a press release from the St. Clair County Health Department, they are limited in their ability to investigate cases at this time, and there is a growing number of workplace and school related cases.
Dr. Annette Mercatante, Medical Health Officer explained, “In these weeks or months between high transmission rates and the release of a vaccine, we simply have to deal with this reality. Remember what is making you mildly ill can be life threatening to someone else. These difficult times will get better, but we have to work together to minimize the impact of this on our community and economy. And we have to act now.”
Lambton County currently has 9 active cases. Health officials recommend good hygiene, sanitization of frequently touched surfaces, and mask wearing for individuals who are caring for a COVID-19 infected person in their household.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand