St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of October 14, 2020 at 10:30 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 137,702 confirmed cases; 6,928 deaths
- St. Clair County: 1,028 confirmed cases; 59 deaths
- Ontario: 61,413 confirmed cases; 3,017 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 350 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
As of Wednesday, St. Clair County had 184 active cases of the virus, and 4% of hospital beds in the county are being used for COVID-19 patients.
The St. Clair County Health Department is encouraging the public to take advantage of one of their community flu clinics which are happening throughout October. More information is available at www.scchealth.co.
Lambton County currently has 2 active cases, and Bluewater Health reported a patient currently hospitalized with confirmed COVID-19 as of Tuesday.
Lambton Public Health is in the process of contact tracing a case of COVID-19 that was discovered at Colonel Cameron Public School in Corunna.
The Ontario government recently established targeted public health measures in the Ottawa, Peel, and Toronto regions and is urging Ontarians to limit trips outside the home and follow recommended guidelines for social distancing, wearing face masks, and handwashing
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand