St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of August 14, 2020 at 9:00 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 90,392 confirmed cases; 6,289 deaths
- St. Clair County: 712 confirmed cases; 52 deaths
- Ontario: 40,367 confirmed cases; 2,787 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 331 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
St. Clair County currently has 89 active cases of the virus, down 12 cases from last week, and 4% of hospital beds in the county are being used for COVID-19 patients. The last death in the county attributed to a confirmed case of COVID-19 was on July 8, 2020.
Lambton County currently has 13 active cases, and is still experiencing a low rate of hospitalizations and deaths related to COVID-19. There hasn’t been any new hospital admissions among COVID-19 cases in Lambton since May 31, 2020, and the daily average of hospital admissions has been zero since mid-April.
Mitigation efforts are still important while the virus is active in our communities. Wearing masks in enclosed public spaces, frequent hand washing, and staying home when sick will help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand