St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of November 6, 2020 at 8:30 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 197,806 confirmed cases; 7,470 deaths
- St. Clair County: 1,664 confirmed cases; 64 deaths
- Ontario: 80,690 confirmed cases; 3,195 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 375 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
As of today, St. Clair County has 814 active cases of the virus, and 7% of hospital beds in the county are being used for COVID-19 patients. This is an increase of over 600 active cases since our last report, and the highest number of hospitalizations reported since the beginning of the pandemic. Five deaths have been attributed to COVID-19 since our last report on October 14, 2020.
The St. Clair County Health Department is encouraging the public to take advantage of one of their community flu clinics which are happening next week on November 9th & 10th. More information is available at www.scchealth.co.
Lambton County currently has 6 active cases. Health officials recommend good hygiene, sanitization of frequently touched surfaces, and mask wearing for individuals who are caring for a COVID-19 infected person in their household.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand