Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of April 14th at 5:30 PM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 27,001 confirmed cases; 1,768 deaths
- St. Clair County: 223 confirmed cases; 7 deaths
- Ontario: 7,953 confirmed cases; 334 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 119 confirmed cases; 11 deaths
The Blue Water Chamber of Commerce is hosting a virtual St. Clair County Town Hall Meeting on April 15th featuring speakers from several sectors of business, government, and emergency management to discuss how the County is responding to the pandemic. Information obtained in that meeting will be featured in the COVID-19 Blue Water Area Community Update tomorrow.
The City of Sarnia decided to close the boat launch at Sarnia Bay in Centennial Park. It will be closed as of 10 PM tonight. The Province of Ontario has extended the State of Emergency which ensures the continuation of all emergency orders currently in effect until April 23, 2020.
Please continue to reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand