Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of May 8th at 6 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 45,646 confirmed cases; 4,343 deaths
- St. Clair County: 394 confirmed cases; 23 deaths
- Ontario: 19,121 confirmed cases; 1,477 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 193 confirmed cases; 16 deaths
Cases in St. Clair County rose by 19 over the last week, and the county suffered one additional death. There are currently 54 active cases of COVID-19 reported in St. Clair County, and 4% of all hospital beds are being used for COVID-19 patients.
Governor Whitmer extended Michigan’s Stay Home, Stay Safe order until May 28th, but she is allowing manufacturing to open back up on May 11th under strict safety guidelines.
Cases in Sarnia rose by 10 since last week, and the county suffered 2 additional deaths.
The government of Ontario is allowing garden centers and nursery’s to open on Friday, and hardware stores and safety supply stores on Saturday, as long as they follow health guidelines. On Monday, May 11th, retail stores with a street entrance can begin offering curbside pickup and delivery if they can so so safely.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand