The 17th annual Earth Fair is Friday, April 26 from 9am – 4pm and Saturday, April 27 from 10am – 4pm at Goodells County Park in the heart of St. Clair County. Parking, admission and activities are free. Earth Fair is Michigan’s largest Earth Day celebration. It is a two-day event designed to showcase earth-friendly options for food, energy, transportation, clothing, homes, gardening and more. By blending together demonstrations, workshops, exhibits and artisans, Earth Fair offers a unique opportunity for thousands of visitors to connect with over 60 exhibitors promoting healthy, earth-friendly and organic products and services. According to Sheri Faust Environmental Educator for the St. Clair County Health Department, highlights include:
– Free Shuttle Service – Two Blue Water Area Transit busses offer free rides from the Vantage Point Maritime Center and Vinicker’s Market in Wadhams to Goodells County Park
– Tree & Shrub Sale – The Blue Water Conservation District will be selling a variety of flowering trees, conifers, shrubs and wildflowers
– Live Entertainment – There are a variety of shows offered on the Main Stage on Saturday.
– Green Guardian Award Ceremony – Awards will be presented to three winners during the ceremony on Saturday at 11am
– Butterfly House – Experience live butterflies inside a screened enclosure
– Over 60 exhibitors, workshops, face painting, give-aways, Earth Fair merchandise, and more
Earth Fair has announced its five 2019 Green Guardian Award recipients. The Green Guardian award program is the Blue Water Area’s only environmental award that recognizes businesses, schools, groups and individuals that enhance, preserve, and protect the Blue Water Area.
GREEN GUARDIAN WINNERS:
– Individual – Kay Cumbow
– Group – Memphis Lions Club
– Non-Profit – Community Enterprises of St. Clair County
– Business – Kate’s Downtown & The Boathouse by Kate
– School – Woodland Developmental Center – Michelle Ebmeyer’s classroom
Visit www.EarthDayFair.com for a complete list of event details. St. Clair County Earth Fair is a non-profit organization led by local agencies, individuals, and nonprofits committed to environmental education throughout the Blue Water Area. For more information about Earth Fair, contact Sheri Faust at the St. Clair County Health Department at (810) 987-5306 or firstname.lastname@example.org.