Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of April 7th at 5:00 PM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 18,970 confirmed cases; 845 deaths
- St. Clair County: 129 confirmed cases; 3 county resident deaths (There was also 1 death in a county hospital of an out-of-county resident)
- Ontario: 4,726 confirmed cases; 153 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 86 confirmed cases; 8 deaths
WGRT joins the St. Clair County Emergency Operations Center, the Joint Information Center, and Lambton Public Health to thank our residents who continue to follow public health guidance and recommendations. We’d also like to express our appreciation for our healthcare workers at McLaren Port Huron, Lake Huron Medical Center, Ascension River District Hospital, Bluewater Health in Sarnia, and the many clinics and private medical offices in our area.
Our community is also supported by an amazing team of first responders in our fire departments, emergency response teams, and law enforcement departments. There are many public and mental health professionals, food and grocery workers, delivery drivers, and auto mechanics who are connecting us to what we need as we cope with this situation. We also know that there are many dedicated people working behind the scenes to care for others. We’re grateful for all of you; stay strong, and stay safe, Blue Water Area Community!
Please continue to reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand