As of 4 PM today, there are 787 confirmed cases of COVID-19 including 5 deaths in Michigan. St. Clair County remains at seven (7) confirmed cases. St. Clair County Health Department is monitoring 52 people under investigation, along with 73 of their contacts.
Southeast Michigan’s hospitals and public health departments offered the following guidelines and information about COVID-19 screening and healthcare services via a press release Saturday afternoon:
If you are feeling sick please stay at home and call your primary care doctor or local hospital hotline (see list below)
If you have a fever and a cough AND are experiencing any of the following go immediately to the emergency department or call 911 for EMS:
- Difficulty breathing
- Chest pain
If you have a cough and no fever or are concerned that you may have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19:
- Contact your primary care physician by phone (don’t go unannounced) or
- Seek a telemedicine evaluation or
- Visit an urgent care center or
- Contact a regional hotline or
- Visit a drive-through screening site
If you have a cough WITHOUT difficulty breathing AND no chronic medical conditions*
- Drink fluids
- Take over the counter remedies for fever and mild discomfort (e.g., Tylenol)
- Stay at home and try and stay at least six feet away from others without symptoms
*Chronic medical conditions include: diabetes, congestive heart failure, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, cancer or heart disease.
It is also important to note that hospital Emergency Rooms are still open for emergency medical care, but for all other ambulatory care or office appointments, please call the hospital to get up-to-date information on hours and scheduling an appointment
Here is a current list of Southeast Michigan HOTLINES and COVID-19 SCREENING SITES:
ASCENSION SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN HOSPITALS:
Hotline: 833-981-0738. visit our website: https://healthcare.ascension.org
- Ascension Michigan ministries have established COVID-19 triage areas near all emergency departments. This includes: Ascension Macomb-Oakland, Warren Campus, Ascension Macomb-Oakland in Madison Heights, Ascension St. John Hospital, Ascension River District, Ascension Providence Rochester Hospital, Ascension Providence Novi Hospital and Ascension Providence Southfield Hospital.
Hotline: 1-800-592-4784, www.beaumont.org/coronavirus
Curbside Screening Sites:
- Dearborn, Royal Oak, Troy: 6 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Grosse Pointe, Farmington Hills, Taylor, Trenton and Wayne
Hours are 10 a.m. – 10 p.m.
DETROIT MEDICAL CENTER:
Hotline: 1-888-DMC-3370 5 p.m. to 8 a. m. Seven days a week
HENRY FORD HOSPITAL:
Hotline: 313-874-1055 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday-Friday
Screening Site: Henry Ford Allegiance Health, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Monday – Sunday.
- Location is on the surface lot of One Jackson Square, 100 E. Michigan Avenue in Jackson. One person one vehicle being tested. People are required to call 313.874.7500 to schedule an appointment at the screening site. This is only for people who have symptoms of fever, dry cough and shortness of breath.
MCLAREN MACOMB HOSPITAL:
- Drive-up screening tent 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. for patients already experiencing symptoms (cough, fever, shortness of breath)
- Do not need appointment but will be seen in the order of arrival www.mclaren.org/coronavirus
- Patients can find information at https://www.uofmhealth.org/covid-19-update.
ST. JOSEPH MERCY:
- St. Joseph Mercy Ann Arbor
- Walk-in tents available for drop-in screening, 11 AM – 11 PM, *Hours subject to change
- St. Mary Mercy Livonia,
- Drive up screening, 10 AM-6 PM, *Hours subject to change
DETROIT HEALTH DEPARTMENT:
Hotline: 313-876-4000 Open 24/7
Dedicated email address: DHDoutbreak@detroitmi.gov
WAYNE COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Hotline: 734-287-7870, Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM
2-1-1 for information 24-hour, 7-days a week.
OAKLAND COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Nurse on Call: (800) 848-5533
Helpline (non-medical issues): (248) 858-1000
MACOMB COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
COVID-19 Helpline (586) 463-3750 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM 7-days a week .
ST. CLAIR COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
COVID-19 Informational Hotline (810) 966-4163 8AM – 4:30 PM
This information was provided by the Region 2 South Healthcare Coalition (R2S) and the Region 2 North Health Care Coalition. The coalitions, created and funded by the state and federal government in 2002, work with their health partners to deliver coordinated and effective response strategies during healthcare emergencies – sharing incident and emergency response information. They also plan and coordinate resources among all the providers in tandem with the state MDHHS – this includes hospital bed tracking and coordination of emergency pharmaceuticals, equipment and supplies throughout the region.
Dr. Annette Mercatante, Medical Health Officer at the St. Clair County Health Department stated, “We know these are uncertain times and it is important to rely on accurate sources of information. Be aware of the sources you follow, as they may not be valid. When in doubt, use recommendations put in place by the CDC, Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) and the St. Clair County Health Department”.
For further information visit: cdc.gov/coronavirus; Michigan.gov/coronavirus; or scchealth.co. A general St. Clair County COVID-19 Informational Hotline is available Monday through Friday, (810) 966-4163, 8:00am-4:30pm or email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The State of Michigan hotline is 1-888-535-6136 and is operational daily 8:00am – 5:00pm or email questions to COVID19@michigan.gov.