PORT HURON, MI – Lake Huron Foundation’s Volunteer Organization (LHFVO) is pleased to announce ten (10) scholarships have been awarded to students enrolled in a community college or university who are studying for a career in the health care field.
Because of COVID-19 pandemic and the financial difficulty it has placed on many students, LHFVO increased the number of scholarships awarded in 2020 from six to ten. The hope is to provide additional relief to students during this unprecedented and uncertain time. Each recipient will be awarded $1,200. The 2020 Healthcare Scholarship recipients are:
- Megan Carnaghi – Franciscan University
- Lindsay Carter – Grand Valley State University
- Kaitlyn Fletcher – Michigan Technological University
- Sydney Kenaya – Michigan State University
- Serenity Lademer – Michigan State University
- Courtney Lundy – St. Clair County Community College
- Christene Marcum – St. Clair County Community College
- Jamison Nightingale – University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Olivia Poelker – University of Detroit Mercy
- Heather Porter – St. Clair County Community College
The eligibility requirements and considerations included: students enrolled in a community college or university who are studying for a career in the field of health care, are currently enrolled, carrying a minimum of six (6) credits per semester and demonstrating satisfactory progress.