Lake Huron Foundation’s Volunteer Organization is offering a scholarship to those students enrolled in a community college or university who are studying for a career in the health care field. The deadline is April 30, 2019, and the maximum scholarship award is $1,200 per academic year. “We are pleased to offer these scholarships to future health care providers in our community,” commented Rosemary Hunger, Lake Huron Foundation’s Volunteer Coordinator. “The Volunteer Organization’s scholarship program has created a lasting legacy while benefiting generations of students.” According to Hunger, The eligibility requirements and considerations include: students enrolled in a community college or university who are studying for a career in the field of health care, are currently enrolled, carrying a minimum of six (6) credits per semester and demonstrating satisfactory progress. Priority will be given to applicants who demonstrate a financial need and Lake Huron Medical Center employees and their dependents.
To be eligible for consideration of scholarship funds, applicants must:
- Complete the formal scholarship application found on Lake Huron Foundation’s Volunteer Organization website (https://www.mylakehuron.com/Lake-Huron-Foundation/Volunteer-Organization/Health-Care-Scholarship.aspx)
- Submit a transcript of the most recent classes completed or enrolled
- Submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher or employer
- Enclose a copy of an acceptance letter into the specified program (for example: a letter of acceptance into a nursing or health care administration program). If a program specific letter is not applicable, a letter of acceptance from the college or university the applicant will be attending will suffice.
- Applications must be received by April 30, 2019
Completed applications should be submitted to the Lake Huron Foundation Volunteer Coordinator via U.S. mail at Lake Huron Foundation Volunteer Organization, Attn: Volunteer Coordinator, 2601 Electric Avenue, Port Huron, MI 48060.