Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of April 17th at 3:30 PM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 30,023 confirmed cases; 2,227 deaths
- St. Clair County: 262 confirmed cases; 9 deaths
- Ontario: 9,525 confirmed cases; 478 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 128 confirmed cases; 13 deaths
Starting today, Michiganders across the state can access a specially-curated collection of science-backed, evidence-based guided meditations, along with at-home workouts that guide people through mindful exercises, sleep and kids content to help address rising stress and anxiety. Available at www.headspace.com/MI an internet connection is the only thing that is needed to access these tools to while you stay home and stay safe.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) will provide this new mental health resource for Michiganders to access for free during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand