Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of April 21st at 5:25 PM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 32,967 confirmed cases; 2,700deaths
- St. Clair County: 291 confirmed cases; 16 deaths
- Ontario: 11,735 confirmed cases; 622 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 148 confirmed cases; 14 deaths
St. Clair County Community Services Coordinating Body (CSCB) has a new website at www.cscbinfo.org. The new CSCB website will serve as a central repository for information and links to resources available to St. Clair County residents during the COVID-19 pandemic. It includes information about resources such as food distribution dates, utility assistance, housing resources, and unemployment assistance. The CSCB is a network of over 70 organizations, businesses and non-profits, that have collaborated for over 35 years to strengthen the community and meet the needs of St. Clair County residents.
The website was developed in partnership with The St. Clair County Emergency Operations Center (EOC), St. Clair County Health Department, and St. Clair County Community Mental Health (SCCCMH), and it will be updated continually as new information becomes available.
“Having this critical and necessary life sustaining information available at your fingertips, ensures that our community is able to meet personal and family needs at a time when resources are less available.” says Justin Westmiller, Director of St. Clair County Homeland Security and Emergency Management. For those without internet access, these resources can still be reached over the phone by calling the COVID-19 Support Line at SCCCMH (noted below).
The Government of Ontario recently confirmed that physical distancing and the many public health measures in place are working to contain the spread of COVID-19 and flatten the curve. The City of Sarnia wants to thank all those who are following social distancing practices and staying home. However, the Ontario Chief Medical Officer of Health believes that these emergency measures continue to be critical and does not recommend relaxing them at this time.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand