Confirmed cases as of April 3rd at 5:30 PM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 12,744 confirmed cases; 479 deaths
- St. Clair County: 69 confirmed cases
- Ontario: 3,255 confirmed cases; 67 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 63 confirmed cases; 7 deaths
Lambton Public Health reports that the recent outbreak of COVID-19 at Landmark Village Retirement Home is responsible for 15 confirmed cases (six staff and nine residents) and 4 deaths are linked to the retirement home. They continue to recommend that residents over the age of 70 self-isolate.
The Government of Ontario has also designated a “Restricted Fire Zone” in the province. All outdoor fires are restricted to enable emergency personnel can remain focused on the COVID-19 pandemic.
The St. Clair County Emergency Operations Center recommends volunteering to help combat feelings of helplessness and anxiety. Learn more about volunteering for the State of Michigan <HERE> and locally <HERE>.
Please continue to reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand