Waterfront Property Owners Can Request Mitigation

Office of the City Manager, Chief Administrative Officer James Freed has put out a notice that there are Great Lakes High Water Levels Mitigation Applications Available for Waterfront property owners in the City of Port Huron.  Those interested in immediate mitigation activities related to Lake Huron and Black River water levels should file application permits at the following website: https://miwaters.deq.state.mi.us/miwaters/external/home.

Freed says residents should include “URGENT-EMERGENCY GREAT LAKES HIGH WATER LEVELS” in the narrative portion of the online application. Michigan EGLE will forward requests to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers for fast track review. Additional information can be found here:  https://www.michigan.gov/egle/0,9429,7-135-3313_72753—,00.html