St. Clair County, MI — Lambton County, Ontario
Cumulative confirmed COVID-19 cases as of June 26, 2020 at 10:00 AM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 62,306 confirmed cases; 5,886 deaths
- St. Clair County: 473 confirmed cases; 48 deaths
- Ontario: 34,316 confirmed cases; 2,644 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 285 confirmed cases; 25 deaths
St. Clair County currently has 48 confirmed active cases of the virus, and 1% of hospital beds in the county are being used for COVID-19 patients.
Today, Governor Whitmer Signed an Executive Order allowing professional sports to return without a live audience. Major League Baseball said that a shortened 60-game season would being on July 24th with players reporting for spring training at their home ballparks by July 1st.
In Sarnia, there have only been 4 new cases since our report last week, and there have been no new deaths attributed to the virus.
Lambton County Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Ranade, confirmed that physical distancing is more important than wearing a mask to battle COVID- 19. However, if you find yourself in a situation where physical distancing is not possible, a mask may be considered useful.
Sarnia-Lambton is currently in Stage 2, working towards Stage 3 of the Framework for Reopening our Province.
*** It is important to note that WGRT is continuing to report confirmed cases from each area, not total cases which are a combination of confirmed and probable cases. We have chosen to approach the data this way to simplify our reports and to create uniformity in the numbers we are reporting for each region, St.Clair County, Lambton County, Michigan, and Ontario.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand