Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of April 20th at 6:30 PM are as follows:
- State of Michigan: 32,000 confirmed cases; 2,468 deaths
- St. Clair County: 284 confirmed cases; 12 deaths
- Ontario: 11,184 confirmed cases; 584 deaths
- Sarnia-Lambton: 145 confirmed cases; 14 deaths
In a press conference today, Governor Whitmer announced a list of potential workplace controls that could be tailored to particular sectors to safely open up the economy. Controls such as limiting the number of visitors, reconfiguring work spaces to accomodate physical distancing, improved sanitation and access to handwashing, use of protective equipment, and access to testing are some of the things businesses need to evaluate.
Lambton Public Health is asking for the public’s help with their initiative to contact trace potential exposure of members of the public to COVID-19. A local Taxi Driver tested positive for the Novel Coronavirus, so anyone who used Greg’s Taxi service on April 1, 3, 6, 7, 8 and/or 10th is urged to contact Lambton Public Health at 519-383-8331 so that public health officials can investigate the level of risk of exposure to them and offer guidance as appropriate.
Please continue to rely on reputable sources for information on COVID-19:
- Centers for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus
- State of Michigan: Michigan.gov/coronavirus or Info Hotline 1-888-535-6136 Daily 8:00 am – 5:00 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Health Department: COVID-19 Info Hotline (810) 966-4163 Mon – Fri, 8:00 am – 4:30 pm or email questions to
- St. Clair County Community Mental Health COVID-19 Support Line (810) 985-8900, available Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
- Lambton Public Health: https://lambtonpublichealth.ca/2019-novel-coronavirus/
- City of Sarnia COVID-19 Hotline: 1-877-4-SARNIA (1-877-472-7642)
Reporting for WGRT – Jessie Wiegand